Are You Connected w/ Your Clients?
Keeping in touch with hundreds of clients is difficult. I know. I run a micro business out of my home office with hundreds of clients around the world. It’s impossible to keep up!
Here’s Something That’s Working…My Newsletter!
Newsletters? Didn’t that go out of vogue years ago? With email, you can reach your audience in a few seconds. With Facebook, there’s a constant update feeding your clients in real time. The problem is, no one is reading this stuff.
I know – your kids are reading Facebook updates…but busy business leaders are not. They may be following their kids and grandkids, but it’s unlikely they are keeping up with your business posting (if you even do that.)
Recently I had an hour-long conversation with Shaun Buck, President of Newsletter Pro. Wow! After talking with him I ordered his book (which you can get for free using this link), and read the entire book over the weekend.
Here’s Why You Need Shaun’s Book!
- First, I saw that digital newsletters are a waste of time – no one is reading them. The open rates on your digital newsletter are probably around 10% – if you have one.
- If your letter is good – looks great, but also has great content, it will sit on your clients desk for weeks…reminding them that you exist. I’ve tested this. Whenever I talk to my clients on the phone, I ask – “Do you have my latest newsletter?” They always do (of course this requires a printed letter.)
- Shaun’s book explains how to create content your clients will actually read – they don’t care about the latest Microsoft patch! He tells you what to write about.
- His welcome package – the one you will receive when you order his book, is outstanding. He makes you want to do business with him. It’s worth using as a model for your own.
- He offers you a way to get your letter done – and it’s not that expensive. The truth is, you don’t have time to write a good newsletter,…but he does.
I took his advice. I’ve completely re-engineered my newsletter with Shaun’s help. And the test is – my clients. The feed back has been excellent! In fact, I carry a stack around with me, handing them out when I meet new people. It’s far better than a business card.
© 2016, David Stelzl