The New House & the Cloud – Completely Revised,
Full of New Strategies, And Updated To Address New Technologies – Cloud, BYOD, Mobility, Collaboration, and Social Business.
It’s been a long time coming – I had hoped to have this out in the late summer. But it’s finally done, and with the publisher. Here’s what to expect:
1. First, if you have the real book – The House & the Cloud (vs. the PDF version) you know the old cover was ugly. It was my first book – published in 2007, and I was so anxious to publish it, I couldn’t wait for a better cover design. I’ve learned my lesson – the cover does matter.
2. There’s now a website with tools, updates, videos, examples, and more – when you get this book, you get a whole lot more. I even have a forum to ask questions. Anyone who buys the book will have access to the site. Just turn to the back of the book and follow the links – it’s free, as long as you have the book.
3. It’s longer. That might not be a selling point for sales people who are too busy to read – but if you have the first version, or even worse, my Vendor to Advisor book, you know the print was too small. That doesn’t mean the content is bad – they are just harder to read than they should be. In this book, you will find more content, but you will also find larger print and spacing to make it easy to read.
4. More chapters. I’ve shortened the chapters, cutting many of them into multiple chapters, making it easy to read and easier to find things. In this book 12 chapters are now 30.
5. Updated content. There’s a lot of new content here. Security has changed, but so has selling security. In this book you will find great ideas for selling security to companies using cloud, BYOD, social collaboration tools, and more. I also address managed services in detail – and have even included a chapter written by Choice Technologies, a provider of Managed Services and Managed Security.
6. More fun to read. My first book read more like a text book. This one is more conversational and easier to read. Hopefully this makes the book easier to get through so you can start earning more money on bigger security projects, faster.
7. More free stuff. Not only is there a free website, but there are introductory training offers and more in this book. Again, these are at the back of the book to help you take this material to the next step.
What Happens Next?
So what’s next? The publisher is reviewing the content – they should have this done this week. Once that’s in place they will print a proof copy for me to review. I’ll do that over the Christmas holidays and have it approved before New Years.
Then its time to print! The book will be available on Amazon, initially as a paperback selling for $19.95. If you are interested in Kindle, please comment on this post to let me know. If I have enough requests I’ll send it to Kindle and have it online in Q1.
Another question that comes up often – will I have an Audio book…again, I would need to hear from you. In the past I have had some requests, but not many. Creating an audio book with a high quality reading is not cheap – so if the demand isn’t there, I probably won’t do it. But let me know…my goal is to get this material to you in a way that allows you to benefit from it.
© 2014, David Stelzl
P.S. You can gain access to the Website now by downloading the 2007 Version and following the instructions in the responding email…Just visit us here: security.stelzl.us/ebook