Next Tuesday I will kicking off my late summer Making Money w/ Security workshop – virtual class. I am excited to report that, once again this class is sold out. My excitement is not just about getting the seats filled, but more for the opportunity that lies ahead for those invested in security.
If you read the Wall Street Journal yesterday, perhaps you saw this article on Small Firms not able to find workers. “About 31% of 811 small-business owners and chief executives said they had unfilled job openings in July because they couldn’t identify applicants with the right skills or experience, according to a survey by The Wall Street Journal”. This is especially true in the security space – of all the clients and prospects I work with, security is the fastest growing sector, and while every company needs a managed services offering to build valuation through recurring revenue, every managed services deal should hing on security. In any case, every technology person should be thinking:
- Hardware companies in general are not doing as well – perhaps a sign of the times with cloud trends
- Sales people who don’t attend consultative type training are likely to be unemployed in the future
- Sales people who are not reading are falling behind every day
- Solution providers that don’t understand security will likely commoditize quickly
- Managed services contracts not built on security will be questioned by the client in a year
© 2012, David Stelzl