Here are some ways to increase fees without penalizing your clients.
- Measure risk – Impact and likelihood, of a disaster, jointly place a value on it and set your fee accordingly.
- Look for problem areas that consistently show up across the companies you do business in. Come up with solutions and use this material to call higher.
- Trade product gross profit for recurring revenue. This builds annuity rather than a one-time transaction.
- Use Assessments rather than traditional open-ended questions to discover larger opportunities.
- Be willing to give away assessments in order to reach higher-level people in the account. This leads to selling larger value priced deals.
- Propose options to build adjacent business in the accounts you are already working.
- Build greater expertise into your consulting group to offer more complex solutions
- Develop presentation skills that appeal to the executive level. You’ll find that you are worth more to them than the next guy.
- Pass up smaller transactions to create more time for complex deals that offer greater reward.
- Develop stronger marketing programs to position your company as the expertise leader, rather then the low price leader.
© 2011, David Stelzl