Part of consulting and consultative selling involves communicating to executives. Learning to write on the board is a great place to start:
– Bring your own markers, nothing worse than trying to sell the big deal with a dry marker
– If you sell networks, learn to draw clouds. Amoebas don’t cut it.
– Don’t let the IT guy draw his network. He’ll steal the show while the execs check email.
– Practice using the same picture all the time. Keep it fast, simple, and generic.
– Learn to speak while you write – don’t turn your back on your audience.
© 2010, David Stelzl