Some key points from today’s training on Social Media Marketing with and Business Service Management Sales Training with BMC Partners;
- Sales and marketing must come together – sales people build their own brand
- Buyers want expert advisers in business service management, ITIL, change management etc. The sales person can no longer say, “I’m in sales”, but must rather be positioned as a consultant in one of more of these areas.
- Every sales person should be commenting on blogs in their industry, using phrases that are searchable through Google, and considering building their own blog with links back to their corporate websites.
- Publish,post, and tweet unique, edgy, controversial, and pointed information. People want opinions not more bits and bytes.
- Don’t advertise in social media. No one wants to read another product special.
- Build out your linkedIn profile – it’s your billboard so use it. Use first person to create you summary, list searchable areas of expertise, and make is readable and interesting.
- Connect with people – don’t be shy. You’re in sales…
- Join groups, create groups, and get involved in delivering unique content that will brand you as the expert.
- Don’t underestimate the power of twitter.
- Build a following.
© David Stelzl, 2010