They all say they’ve got it covered…no one does! Here is a summary article from one of my contacts at DiData…great info, thanks Matt.
- “Our systems are probed thousands of times a day and scanned millions of times a day,” – speaking of government defense systems…
- “We are experiencing damaging penetrations — damaging in the sense of loss of information. And we don’t fully understand our vulnerabilities,” – Now I feel safe!
- Hackers have already penetrated the U.S. electrical grid and have stolen intellectual property, corporate secrets and money, according to the FBI’s cybercrime unit. In one incident, a bank lost $10 million in cash in a day. (Yet your clients all have it covered!)
- “We’re talking about terabytes of data, equivalent to multiple libraries of Congress.” – (But those in the SMB don’t need to worry – right!)
- United States military would need to prepare for fallout from a cyber attack, which could leave cities in the dark or disrupt communications. – (If you don’t offer DR planning, you might reconsider)
When your clients say, “We’ve got it covered”, remember, most are just ignorant, some are lying. Don’t take no for an answer – instead educate them on what is really going on, and drive forward with the sale. Take advantage of my latest ebook on selling through assessments… it’s free! http://www.stelzl.us/training/CreatingSales.pdf
© David Stelzl, 2010