From today’s “Successful Marketing to Managers” teleconference (the biggest group we’ve had all year!)…5 things that bring death to your position with buyers:
- Poor self-esteem; fear of rejection when calling high
- Character deficiencies – lack of diligence, respect, punctuality, dependability, etc. Find my 49 character trait sheet online at http://www.stelzl.us/thought_leadership.asp
- Moving to a product pitch; things like call blitzes are almost always product centric and let others know you’re really just a box pusher.
- Lack of business acumen, lack of useful understanding and input.
- Not leading with value – evidence that you’re really just looking for another deal.
© David Stelzl, 2009