I just completed a two day Profit Program Workshop in Tampa FL. This workshop is specifically built for business owners and executives charged with building a profitable solution provider business in the technology space. A few key points worth noting:
- Value cannot be based on the products you sell
- Just about everything you sell is a commodity – the exception is your IP
- Educational based marketing topics must target executives, not IT
- Referral business is much easier when there is a business benefit to what you sell.
- No one really wants to buy another computer right now.
- Your marketing message must have synergy across all marcom, websites, and discussions
- 40% of your business revenue should be recurring – this builds strong valuation.
- Risk mitigation is the first thing people will spend money, but it must be urgent.